Univest maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards which comply with federal guidelines to guard your non-public, personal information against unauthorized access or use.
- We use 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for all communications between your browser and our servers to protect the confidentiality of your data.
- We use firewalls to block unauthorized access to our systems and networks.
- We automatically log you out of your secure session after a period of inactivity to help protect against others accessing your information.
- We are continually evaluating our security systems to ensure that we provide the latest and most secure level of privacy and security for our customers.
As part of Univest's information security policy, we do not allow any personally identifiable information such as account numbers, Social Security Numbers, etc. to be revealed through email or without strict authentication mechanisms.
- When you contact Univest, we will verify your identity before sharing account information or performing transactions on your behalf.
- We may ask you to verify the information we have on record for you or questions designed to establish that we are speaking to you.
- We may contact you by email with offers or to provide account information.
- Our fraud department may contact you if we detect potentially suspicious activity on your account. Fraud agents will require verification of your identity prior to discussing your account.
- We may contact you by phone or through other channels for various reasons. If you are ever unsure whether the party contacting you is Univest, please feel free to contact us directly using the contact numbers on our website or on your bank statement.
Fraud Prevention Services
Univest offers a variety of tools to help you prevent or deter incidents of fraud and identity theft, including:
- Identity Theft Protection
- Online Banking
- QuickView Emails
- MasterCard ® SecureCode™