as your financial partner,
we employ a variety of tools and methods to protect the integrity of your confidential information. Regardless of our diligence, fraudsters continue to look for opportunities to steal your identity. Examples include:
Tips to Protect Your Identity
- Do not share your personal information, PINs or passwords with anyone who contacts you online or over the phone.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters for your passwords and change them periodically.
- Shred sensitive papers.
- Keep an eye out for missing mail.
- Use online banking to monitor your financial accounts regularly for fraudulent transactions.
- Sign up for text or email alerts from your bank for certain types of transactions.
- Monitor your credit report.
- Protect your computer. Make sure the virus protection software on your computer is active and up to date. Also look for an "s" after the "http" to be sure the website is secure.
- Protect your mobile device. Use the passcode lock on your smartphone and other devices.
Immediately report any suspected fraud to Univest by calling 877.723.5571.