(Last Modified October 19, 2018)
When you add and use your DEBIT CARD in a Wallet, you agree to these Terms, which are a legal agreement so please read them carefully before adding your DEBIT CARD to a Wallet or clicking on the “Agree” button. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, do not accept these Terms, and you will not be entitled to use any Wallet with any of your DEBIT CARDS.
1. Adding and Using Your DEBIT CARD in a Wallet. You can add an eligible DEBIT CARD to a Wallet by either following our instructions as they appear on the Univest website (e.g., univest.net) or by following the instructions of the Wallet provider. Only DEBIT CARDS that we determine are eligible can be added to the Wallet. If your DEBIT CARD or underlying account is not in good standing, that DEBIT CARD will not be eligible to be added to or enrolled in the Wallet. We also may not allow you to add your DEBIT CARD to a Wallet if we cannot authenticate the DEBIT CARD or if we otherwise suspect that there may be fraud associated with the DEBIT CARD. We may determine other eligibility criteria in our sole discretion. When you add a DEBIT CARD to a Wallet, the Wallet may allow you to (a) use the DEBIT CARD to (i) enable transfers of money between you and others who are enrolled with the Wallet provider or a partner of such Wallet provider, and/or (ii) enter into transactions where the Wallet is accepted, including the ability to use the DEBIT CARD to complete transactions at participating merchants’ physical locations, e-commerce locations, and at ATMs; and (b) use other services that are described in the Wallet provider’s agreement or that they may offer from time to time. The Wallet may not be accepted at all places where your DEBIT CARD is accepted or outside of the United States. We reserve the right to terminate our participation in a Wallet or with a Wallet provider at any time and the right to designate a maximum number of DEBIT CARDS that may be added to a Wallet.
2. Your Account Terms and Conditions and Cardholder Agreement Do Not Change. The terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts do not change when you add your DEBIT CARD to the Wallet. The applicable terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern the DEBIT CARD and your accounts, as amended from time to time, are incorporated by reference as part of these Terms. Please review those agreements, as applicable, for important information on your rights and responsibilities when making transactions through a Wallet. The Wallet simply provides another way for you to make purchases or other transactions with your DEBIT CARD. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts, then the terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, or other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts will control.
3. Applicable Fees. Univest does not charge you any additional fees for adding or using your DEBIT CARD in the Wallet. However, any applicable interest, fees, and charges that apply to your DEBIT CARD or underlying account will still apply when you use a Wallet to access your DEBIT CARD. In addition, the Wallet provider and other third parties such as wireless companies or data service providers may charge you text message and data rates and other fees in connection with your use of your mobile device or the Wallet. You are solely responsible for reporting and paying any applicable taxes arising from transactions originated using your DEBIT CARD information transmitted by a Wallet and you shall comply with any and all applicable tax laws in connection therewith.
4. Univest Is NOT Responsible for the Wallet. Univest is not the provider of the Wallet, and we are not responsible for providing the Wallet service to you, or for its use or function. We are only responsible for supplying information securely to the Wallet provider to allow usage of the DEBIT CARD in the Wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the Wallet, for any errors, delays caused by or the inability to use the Wallet for any transaction. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the Wallet provider or associated third‐party relationships that may impact your use of the Wallet.
5. Your Responsibilities to Keep your DEBIT CARD and Mobile Device Secure and Notify Us if Lost, Stolen, Errors or Fraud. You agree to protect and keep confidential your User ID, passwords, and all other information required for you to make purchases with your DEBIT CARD using the Wallet. If you share these credentials with others, they may be able to access your Wallet and make purchases with your DEBIT CARD or obtain your personal information. The terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts require you to contact us immediately if you believe there are errors, if you suspect fraud with your DEBIT CARD, if you lose your DEBIT CARD, Personal Identification Number (PIN) or mobile device, or if your DEBIT CARD, PIN or mobile device has been stolen. We will resolve any potential error or fraudulent purchase in accordance with those terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts. We will not be liable for any losses you incur except as specifically described in those terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts or as otherwise provided by law.
6. Transaction History. You agree and acknowledge that the transaction history displayed in the Wallet solely represents our authorization of your Wallet transaction and may not reflect complete information about the transaction, nor any post-authorization activity, including, but not limited to, clearing, settlement, foreign currency exchange, reversals, returns or chargebacks. Accordingly, the purchase amount, currency, and other details for the Wallet provider’s transaction history in connection with use of your DEBIT CARD in the Wallet may be preliminary and/or incomplete, and may not match the transaction amount that ultimately clears, settles, and posts to your DEBIT CARD’S billing or monthly statement, which shall be deemed the prevailing document.
7. Contacting You Electronically and by Email or through Your Mobile Device. You consent to receive electronic communications and disclosures from us in connection with your DEBIT CARD and the Wallet. You agree that we can contact you by email at any email address you provide to us in connection with any Univest product, service or account, or through the mobile device on which you have downloaded the Univest Mobile Banking app (including a smartphone, tablet, or any other hand held or wearable communication device that allows you to electronically store or electronically present your DEBIT CARD or debit card number and use that digital card number to make debit card transactions). It may include contact from companies working on our behalf to service your accounts. You agree to update your contact information with us when it changes. You may also contact us if you wish to withdraw your consent to receive these electronic communications and disclosure, but doing so will result in your inability to continue to use your DEBIT CARD in the Wallet.
8. Removing Your DEBIT CARD from the Wallet. You should contact the Wallet provider on how to remove a DEBIT CARD from the Wallet. We can also block a DEBIT CARD in the Wallet from certain transactions or purchases at any time, as further discussed below in Section 10.
9. Governing Law and Disputes. These Terms are governed by federal law and, to the extent that state law applies, the laws of the state that apply to the agreement under which your DEBIT CARD is covered. Disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms will be subject to any dispute resolution procedures in the terms and conditions, the Cardholder Agreement, and other account agreements that govern your DEBIT CARD and accounts.
10. Ending or Changing these Terms; Assignments. We can terminate these Terms at any time. We can also change these Terms, or add or delete any items in these Terms, at any time. We will provide notice if required by law. Your use of a DEBIT CARD in a Wallet after we have made such changes available will be considered your agreement to the changes. The date of the most recent change to these Terms is shown at the top of these Terms. If you do not accept a change to these Terms, you must remove all DEBIT CARDS from all Wallets immediately. We can also assign these Terms. Furthermore, subject to applicable law, at any time and for any reason we may (i) block you from adding an otherwise eligible DEBIT CARD to a Wallet, (ii) terminate your use of any DEBIT CARD in connection with a Wallet, (iii) modify or suspend the type or dollar amounts of transactions allowed using DEBIT CARDS in connection with a Wallet, (iv) change a DEBIT CARD’S eligibility for use with a Wallet and/or (v) change the DEBIT CARD authentication process. You cannot change these terms, but you can terminate these Terms at any time by removing all DEBIT CARDS from the Wallet. You may not assign these Terms.
12. Use of Your Information. To the extent you provide any ideas, requests, feedback, reports, suggestions, recommendations or other information to us, in writing, orally, by demonstration or otherwise, regarding your use of the Wallet, you hereby grant to us a fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, incorporate, modify, display, perform, sell, make or have made derivative works of, distribute (directly or indirectly) and sublicense, such feedback in connection with our products and services or otherwise. The Wallet Provider may use your information for different purposes, so please review carefully the portion of the Wallet Provider’s agreements and disclosures relating to how it uses your information. You agree that we may exchange information about you with the Wallet Provider and the applicable card network (such as Mastercard®) to facilitate any purchase you initiate using a DEBIT CARD. We may also share your information to make information available to you in the Wallet about your DEBIT CARD transactions, or to assist the Wallet Provider in improving the Wallet. We are not responsible for any loss, injury or other harm you suffer in connection with the Wallet Provider’s use of your information. By provisioning your DEBIT CARD to the Wallet, you are changing your information use and sharing choices to allow all such sharing.
13. Notices. We can provide notices to you concerning these Terms and your use of a DEBIT CARD in the Wallet by posting the material on our website, through electronic notice given to any electronic mailbox we maintain for you or to any other email address or telephone number you provide to us, or by contacting you at the current address we have on file for you. You may contact us at: 1-877-723-5571.
14. Limitation of Liability; No Warranties. WE ARE NOT AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR ADDING A DEBIT CARD TO A WALLET, OR YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF A WALLET. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS) AS TO ANY AND ALL WALLETS AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE WALLETS.
15. Questions. If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about the Wallet, contact the Wallet provider using the information given to you by the provider. If your question, dispute, or complaint is about your DEBIT CARD, then contact us at: 1-877-723-5571.
Univest DEBIT CARDS are issued by Univest Bank and Trust Co. (Member FDIC) pursuant to a license by MasterCard® International and subject to credit approval.