personal overdraft protection
ATM and debit card transactions are not covered under the standard overdraft protection service and will only be covered if you opt in to this additional coverage.
If you opt in: 1
- We may cover your ATM and everyday debit card transactions even if your account balance is insufficient.
- We may also provide access to funds in advance of a deposit becoming available later the same business day.
- Opting in could save you the embarrassment of having your debit card declined.
- You will only pay a fee if we approve a transaction that overdraws your account.
If you opt out:
- You do NOT want us to cover your everyday debit card and ATM transactions when there are insufficient funds in your account.
- You will not be charged any overdraft fees for ATM and debit card transactions and your transaction will be declined if your balance is insufficient.
- Checks, automatic bill payments, online banking payments and recurring debit card transactions may continue to be covered at our discretion regardless of your account balance. Standard fees still apply.
- We will charge you a fee of $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
The courtesy overdraft limit can be removed at the banks discretion. Univest does not guarantee the payment of any item or transaction.
- You may opt out of this service at any time by contacting your local Univest Financial Center.