Congratulations to the $5,140 Caring for Community Giveaway winner, Hope Against Heroin!
Hope Against Heroin is a nonprofit organization with a mission to reduce the number of young lives lost to heroin overdoses by providing timely access to life-saving treatment, increasing awareness and providing education. The organization provides support for individuals and families that are affected so they may overcome the barriers experienced on the journey to long-term recovery. Hope Against Heroin was founded by Kim and Kevin Hogan after personally being affected by heroin addiction. Their son, Jimmy Duffy, has become the face of the organization showing others there is hope for recovery from opiate addiction.
“We are thrilled to have been selected as the winner of Univest’s Caring for Community Giveaway. Heroin use has become a real epidemic in the local suburban area,” said Kim Hogan, president and founder of Hope Against Heroin. “This $5,140 donation will allow us to help those struggling by providing options for treatment and support.”
Here's how the giveaway worked:
- Nominate a local nonprofit organization that deserves the $5,140 donation by visiting the Univest Facebook page or by Tweeting your vote to @UnivestCorp with #CaringForCommunity.
- Each comment or Tweet counts as one entry. An individual may submit one entry per day, per voting method.
- A winner will be randomly selected from all entries.
- The giveaway runs Thursday, December 1, 2016 through Saturday, December 31, 2016. To be eligible, the nonprofit organization must be registered as a 501(c)(3) and must operate within the Greater Philadelphia, Lancaster County or Lehigh Valley areas of Pennsylvania.
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES (the “Rules”):
- Eligibility and Sponsor. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entries in the Caring for Community Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania (“Univest”) may be submitted by any legal resident of the United States who is the age of majority as of date of entry. In order to be eligible, a nominated charity: (a) must have received a determination from the Internal Revenue Service that such charity qualifies as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended; (b) must operate within the Greater Philadelphia, Lancaster County or Lehigh Valley areas of Pennsylvania; and (c) cannot have been the winner of a prior Caring for Community or similar contest or sweepstakes sponsored by Univest. The Sweepstakes sponsor (the “Sponsor”) is Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania, 14 North Main Street, Souderton, Pennsylvania 18964.
- Timing and Entries. The Sweepstakes runs from 12:00 a.m. EST on Thursday, December 1, 2016 through 11:59 p.m. EST on Saturday, December 31, 2016. Participants may submit nominations by visiting the Univest Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UnivestCorporation and submitting the name of an eligible charity in the comment section of the post promoting the Sweepstakes, or by tweeting the name of an eligible charity to @UnivestCorp, using #CaringForCommunity. Only one entry may be submitted by each participant per day, per voting method. If a participant submits an ineligible entry, such ineligible entry will constitute that participant’s limit of one entry per day per the method submitted, and that participant will not be able to submit another entry in the sweepstakes using that method until the next day. If a participant initially submits an eligible entry, every entry thereafter during the same day using the same method will be disqualified. One winning charity will be selected by Univest randomly on January 3, 2017 out of all eligible entries received (the “Winner”).
- Prize and Odds of Winning. The Winner will receive a $5,140 cash prize (the “Prize”). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Winner will be contacted via phone. In the event that a Winner cannot be reached and/or does not respond to Univest by 5:00 p.m. EST on January 10, 2017, it shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and another Winner will be selected at random from eligible entries received. Univest is not responsible for the charity’s availability or non-response. Univest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any charity if it determines that awarding the Prize to such charity might reflect negatively on Univest’s image and/or reputation. Univest reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time. The decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding with respect to all matters related to this sweepstakes.
- Limitations. None of Univest, its subsidiaries or affiliates, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees” ) are responsible for: ineligible entries; entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet service provider, website or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; failed phone, computer hardware or software, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; garbled or jumbled transmissions; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
- Taxes. All taxes (including, without limitation, U.S. federal, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to income and withholding taxes) and sales taxes) on or connected with any Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other expenses not specifically included in the Prize description are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner.
- Rules and Winner Identification. For the identity of the Winner (after January 3, 2017) and/or a copy of the Rules (before December 31, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Caring for Community Giveaway, Winner/Rules, c/o Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania, 14 North Main Street, P.O. Box 197, Souderton, PA 18964. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.