$5,000 Caring for Community Giveaway
Univest Corporation recently announced Logan’s Heroes Animal Rescue as the winner of the sixth annual Caring for Community Giveaway. The mission of Logan’s Heroes is to rescue homeless, neglected and abused animals and place them into life-long homes while placing an emphasis on the human-animal relationship and its ability to help heal those who need it most. Logan’s Heroes plans to use the money for additional fencing and pasture to support their expansion into rescuing horses. Those horses will become part of a RESTT Program (Rescue Equines Symbiotic Therapy and Training) which will be put into place to help veterans and first responders and their families.
Logan’s Heroes Animal Rescue was selected as the recipient of Univest’s $5,000 Caring for Community Giveaway. Pictured from left to right are: Kim Detwiler, senior vice president and director of corporate communications, Univest Corporation; Claudette Baringer, board member, Logan’s Heroes; Kelly Kalb, board member, Logan’s Heroes; Chris Baringer, president and founder, Logan’s Heroes; and Nicole Heverly, public relations and social media manager, Univest Corporation.
Here's how the giveaway works:
- Nominate a local nonprofit organization that deserves the $5,000 donation by visiting the Univest Facebook page or by Tweeting your vote to @UnivestCorp with #CaringForCommunity.
- Each comment or Tweet counts as one entry. An individual may submit one entry per day, per voting method.
- A winner will be randomly selected from all entries.
- The giveaway runs Friday, December 1, 2017 through Sunday, December 31, 2017. To be eligible, the nonprofit organization must be registered as a 501(c)(3) and must operate within the Greater Philadelphia, Lancaster County or Lehigh Valley areas of Pennsylvania.
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES (the “Rules”):
- Eligibility and Sponsor. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entries in the Caring for Community Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania (“Univest”) may be submitted by any legal resident of the United States who is the age of majority as of date of entry. In order to be eligible, a nominated charity: (a) must have received a determination from the Internal Revenue Service that such charity qualifies as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended; (b) must operate within the Greater Philadelphia, Lancaster County or Lehigh Valley areas of Pennsylvania; and (c) cannot have been the winner of a prior Caring for Community or similar contest or sweepstakes sponsored by Univest. The Sweepstakes sponsor (the “Sponsor”) is Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania, 14 North Main Street, Souderton, Pennsylvania 18964.
- Timing and Entries. The Sweepstakes runs from 12:00 a.m. EST on Friday, December 1, 2017 through 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, December 31, 2017. Participants may submit nominations by visiting the Univest Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UnivestCorporation and submitting the name of an eligible charity in the comment section of the post promoting the Sweepstakes, or by tweeting the name of an eligible charity to @UnivestCorp, using #CaringForCommunity. Only one entry may be submitted by each participant per day, per voting method. If a participant submits an ineligible entry, such ineligible entry will constitute that participant’s limit of one entry per day per the method submitted, and that participant will not be able to submit another entry in the sweepstakes using that method until the next day. If a participant initially submits an eligible entry, every entry thereafter during the same day using the same method will be disqualified. One winning charity will be selected by Univest randomly on January 2, 2018 out of all eligible entries received (the “Winner”).
- Prize and Odds of Winning. The Winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize (the “Prize”). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Winner will be contacted via phone. In the event that a Winner cannot be reached and/or does not respond to Univest by 5:00 p.m. EST on January 8, 2018, it shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and another Winner will be selected at random from eligible entries received. Univest is not responsible for the charity’s availability or non-response. Univest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any charity if it determines that awarding the Prize to such charity might reflect negatively on Univest’s image and/or reputation. Univest reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time. The decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding with respect to all matters related to this sweepstakes.
- Limitations. None of Univest, its subsidiaries or affiliates, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “ Releasees ”) are responsible for: ineligible entries; entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet service provider, website or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; failed phone, computer hardware or software, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; garbled or jumbled transmissions; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
- Taxes. All taxes (including, without limitation, U.S. federal, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to income and withholding taxes) and sales taxes) on or connected with any Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other expenses not specifically included in the Prize description are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner.
- Rules and Winner Identification. For the identity of the Winner (after January 2, 2018) and/or a copy of the Rules (before December 31, 2017), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Caring for Community Giveaway, Winner/Rules, c/o Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania, 14 North Main Street, P.O. Box 197, Souderton, PA 18964. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.