helping you to make a difference through charitable giving
Whether you choose to gift money to your favorite charity during your lifetime or after you're gone, a Univest Advisor can help you make a difference by identifying appropriate strategies for charitable giving, including gifts that provide both a current tax deduction and lifetime of income.
Established as an independent entity in 2002, Univest Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that is committed to bringing charities and donors together through the promotion of planned giving.
The Foundation supports donors and not-for-profits by offering philanthropic services that include:
- Gift annuity administration
- Gift annuity program support services
- Donor advised funds
- Endowment investments, management and recordkeeping
Univest Foundation's Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) Program allows charitable organizations of any size or experience to offer CGAs quickly and easily. Additionally:
- Your organization saves staff and software expense.
- The Foundation assumes the liability for compensating the donor.
- 100% of the remainder of each annuity is distributed to the charity designated by the donor.
- Univest Foundation maintains the reserve fund, including the initial $100,000 deposit in PA.
- Univest Foundation handles the administration for the CGA.
- Professional investment management of the CGA assets.
Univest Foundation administers charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts for not-for-profits organizations working directly with their own donors. The benefits are:
- The gift is 100% irrevocable; the contract is between your organization and the donor.
- Your organization has more control over the CGA assets.
- Professional investment management with the ability to provide input on asset allocation.
- Univest Foundation handles all administration for the CGA.
- The fee schedule is tiered; as CGA assets increase, the cost of running the program decreases.
Administrative services provided by Univest Foundation:
- Univest processes all donor gifts.
- A statement showing the value of the donor's gift and corresponding income tax deduction is provided.
- Timely annuity payments are undertaken.
- All annuity payments and tax information is tracked.
- Statements are provided to your organization detailing the income earned, donor contributions received, annuity payments made and investment activity within the account.
- All required tax reporting and filings on behalf of the Fund are provided.
- We calculate reserve requirements.
- Professional investment management of CGA funds.
Thank you for your submission.