helping you to make a difference through charitable giving
Whether you choose to gift money to your favorite charity during your lifetime or after you're gone, a Univest Advisor can help you make a difference by identifying appropriate strategies for charitable giving, including gifts that provide both a current tax deduction and lifetime of income.
Established as an independent entity in 2002, Univest Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that is committed to bringing charities and donors together through the promotion of planned giving.
The Foundation supports donors and not-for-profits by offering philanthropic services that include:
- Gift annuity administration
- Gift annuity program support services
- Donor advised funds
- Endowment investments, management and recordkeeping
Univest Foundation's Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) Program allows charitable organizations of any size or experience to offer CGAs quickly and easily. Additionally:
- Your organization saves staff and software expense.
- The Foundation assumes the liability for compensating the donor.
- 100% of the remainder of each annuity is distributed to the charity designated by the donor.
- Univest Foundation maintains the reserve fund, including the initial $100,000 deposit in PA.
- Univest Foundation handles the administration for the CGA.
- Professional investment management of the CGA assets.
Univest Foundation administers charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts for not-for-profits organizations working directly with their own donors. The benefits are:
- The gift is 100% irrevocable; the contract is between your organization and the donor.
- Your organization has more control over the CGA assets.
- Professional investment management with the ability to provide input on asset allocation.
- Univest Foundation handles all administration for the CGA.
- The fee schedule is tiered; as CGA assets increase, the cost of running the program decreases.
Administrative services provided by Univest Foundation:
- Univest processes all donor gifts.
- A statement showing the value of the donor's gift and corresponding income tax deduction is provided.
- Timely annuity payments are undertaken.
- All annuity payments and tax information is tracked.
- Statements are provided to your organization detailing the income earned, donor contributions received, annuity payments made and investment activity within the account.
- All required tax reporting and filings on behalf of the Fund are provided.
- We calculate reserve requirements.
- Professional investment management of CGA funds.
This information is educational in nature. It is not offering professional tax, legal, or accounting advice. For specific advice about the effect of any planning concept on your tax or financial situation or with your estate, please consult a qualified professional advisor.
Thank you for your submission.