Blue Cross Blue Shield Antitrust Tentative Settlement Notice
Antitrust litigation that commenced against the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and member companies in 2012 appears to be coming to a settlement. In short, plaintiffs alleged that Blue Cross Blue Shield companies across the country entered into agreements not to compete with each other for customers of health insurance.
On November 30, 2020, the Court preliminarily approved a proposed settlement agreement consisting of:
- A financial settlement of $2.67 billion; and
- Certain changes to the way the Blues do business (“injunctive relief”).
For detailed information, you can visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield Settlement Website.
Additional articles from the May 2021 edition of the Univest Employee Benefits Newsletter:
- The Current State of Consumer Driven Health Plans
- Four Virtual Recruitment Strategies
- Sick Workers Should Stay Home
Thank you for your submission.