Affordability Percentages Will Increase for 2021
For plan years beginning in 2021, employer-sponsored coverage will be considered affordable if the employee’s required contribution for self-only coverage does not exceed:
- 9.83% of the employee’s household income for the year, for purposes of both the pay or play rules and premium tax credit eligibility; and
- 8.27% of the employee’s household income for the year, for purposes of an individual mandate exemption (adjusted under separate guidance). Although this penalty was reduced to zero in 2019, some individuals may need to claim an exemption for other purposes.
- Remote Verification of Form I-9 Documents Extended to Aug. 19
- Determining Whether a COVID-19 Case Is Work-related
- Retain Employees Through Training
Thank you for your submission.
Insurance products are offered through Univest Insurance, LLC. and are obligations of the issuing insurance companies, are not obligations or deposits of or guaranteed by any bank and are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States. The purchase of insurance products are not a condition to any bank loan, product or service. Univest Insurance, LLC. is a licensed subsidiary of Univest Financial Corporation.