How We Protect You
Univest maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards which comply with federal guidelines to guard your non-public, personal information against unauthorized access or use.
- Encryption - We use 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for all communications between your browser and our servers to protect the confidentiality of your data.
- Firewall Usage - We use firewalls to block unauthorized access to our systems and networks.
- Automated Time Out - We automatically log you out of your secure session after a period of inactivity to help protect against others accessing your information.
- Technology Updates - We are continually evaluating our security systems to ensure that we provide the latest and most secure level of privacy and security for our customers.
As part of Univest's information security policy, we do not allow any personally identifiable information such as account numbers, Social Security Numbers, etc. to be revealed through email or without strict authentication mechanisms.
- When you contact Univest, we will verify your identity before sharing account information or performing transactions on your behalf.
- We may ask you to verify the information we have on record for you or questions designed to establish that we are speaking to you.
- We may contact you by email with offers or to provide account information.
- Our Fraud department may contact you if we detect potentially suspicious activity on your account. Fraud agents will require verification of your identity prior to discussing your account.
- We may contact you by phone or through other channels for various reasons. If you are ever unsure whether the party contacting you is Univest, please feel free to contact us directly using the contact numbers on our website or on your bank statement.
Fraud Prevention Services
Univest offers a variety of tools to help you prevent or deter incidents of fraud and identity theft, including:
- Identity Theft Protection - Access the tools you need to monitor your credit, receive alerts when changes occur, and recover if you become a victim
- Online Banking - Univest's Online Banking service provides up-to-date account activity allowing you to manage your account more effectively. With online banking, you can detect unusual account activity and act in a timely manner.
- e-Documents - Go paperless and reduce the risk of mail fraud and identity theft by receiving your Univest Bank statements online. You will receive a monthly email containing a secure link to access your statements once they are available for viewing.
- Alerts - The security of your account is important. Stay informed of account activity with email and/or text alerts. You can be informed when credits and debits post to your account, receive status updates on your bill payment activity as well as balance notifications and date specific reminders.
- QuickView Emails - With QuickView Emails you will receive a snapshot of detailed account information through a secure email that will allow you to manage your accounts and detect unusual account activity in a timely manner.
- MasterCard® SecureCode™ - Protect your account against unauthorized use when shopping online by registering your MasterCard Debit Card or your Debit MasterCard BusinessCard® with MasterCard® SecureCode™. Once your card is registered, you will be prompted to enter your personal SecureCode when making online purchases. Within seconds, your card will be verified and you can complete your purchase. To register visit www.mastercardsecurecode.com
- Verified by Visa - Enjoy added security when you use your Univest Visa® Platinum Credit Card or Univest Visa® Business Credit Card for online purchases by enrolling in Verified by Visa. Once enrolled, you will be prompted to enter your personal password each time you make a purchase at a participating merchant site. When you enter your password, your identity is verified through a secure authenticated process. After your card has been verified you will be prompted to complete your transaction. You can register your personal or business Univest Visa® Credit Card by visiting https://verified.visa.com/aam/activation/landingPage.aam?ep=v_sym_verified.