Retirement Accounts without the wrinkles.
Saving for retirement doesn't have to be taxing.
Our individual retirement accounts (IRAs) are ideal for investing in your retirement in addition to your workplace retirement plan. In fact, when you open a Univest Traditional IRA or Roth IRA, you'll discover just how easy it is to save for your retirement so that your golden years are just a little bit brighter.
A Traditional IRA can be a very effective vehicle for saving and investing for your retirement.
- Traditional IRA earnings are tax-deferred, which can help your investment grow faster.
- Some or all of the money you add to your IRA may be tax deductible each year (please consult your tax advisor).
- Contribute up to $5,000 a year ($6,000 if you are age 50 or better).
- You can withdraw funds from your Traditional IRA without penalty after you reach the age of 59 ½.
- When you reach the age of 70 ½, you must begin to take minimum required withdrawals or penalties will be imposed.
A Roth IRA creates an opportunity to make nondeductible contributions to an account, where the earnings are tax-free and penalty-free if the account is open for five years and you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are at least 59 ½ years of age.
- You are purchasing your first home.
- You become permanently disabled.
With a Roth IRA, you may make annual contributions up to $5,000 if you are under the age of 50 or $6,000 if you are age 50 or better. Unlike a Traditional IRA, you can continue contributions after the age of 70 ½ and there is no requirement to begin making withdrawals at the age of 70 ½.
Choose from a variety of Certificates of Deposit (CDs) for your Traditional IRA or Roth IRA. In addition, Univest gives you the special option of investing your IRA in stocks, bonds and mutual funds through Univest Investments, Inc. You have the choice of controlling your investments or appointing Univest as your representative to manage them for you.
To learn more about our IRA accounts call or stop by your local Univest Financial Center to talk with a financial advisor.
Univest Bank and Trust Co. is Member FDIC. Securities and investment products offered through Univest Investments, Inc., Member FINRA and SIPC, are not FDIC insured, are not a deposit of or bank guaranteed, and are subject to risks, including possible loss of principal amount invested.