Community Banking and UnivestPhilip C. Jackson, President, Corporate Banking, Univest Bank and Trust Co.
Univest prides itself on being a key member of the community banking sector. In terms of clients, service level and products, there are marked differences between investment banks, money center and regional banks. As we prepare to start a new year, I thought it would be helpful to review what makes Univest different and the advantages of banking with a community bank.
Community Banking Defined
Community banks are independent, locally managed banks with assets typically of $10 billion or less. They operate in a limited geographic area where they are well known by their customers, with an emphasis on personalized service. Community banks are committed to providing bank services to local individuals, families, nonprofit organizations and small- to medium-size businesses.
Community Bank Advantages
- Because of their limited geographic coverage, community banks focus their attention on the needs of local consumers and businesses.
- Community banks understand the needs of their customers and are more readily able to customize services and loans to meet customer needs.
- Management and decision makers are local, enabling quicker decision making.
- Community banks take local deposits and redeploy them in the community; helping to keep the local community vibrant and growing.
- Community banks are a committed local partner through charitable contributions and employment of local residents.
Univest as Your Partner
Univest has been serving the local community for more than 137 years. What are the characteristics that differentiate Univest from other community banks?
- Capacity – Through strong financial management, Univest continues to have the capacity to meet the financing needs of its clients in good and bad economic times.
- Community – Univest is Committed to Local – dedicated to supporting and reinvesting in organizations that support our community. Univest recognizes that it cannot be successful unless our community is healthy and prospering.
- Commitment – Univest is committed to building long-term relationships, not just single transactions. Univest provides experienced long-term employees with the ability to design and provide creative financial solutions.
Univest Bank and Trust Co. is Member FDIC, Equal Opportunity and SBA Preferred Lender.